Thursday, May 22, 2014

52:2 Seeing Your Belly Button

I Want to Remember
Seeing Your Belly Button
Today I saw your belly button for the first time. It is the sweetest little belly button ever. We had some slight scares with your umbilical cord stump, as it got infected right away. Luckily, the doctors gave us some medicine for you and it cleared up right away and caused you no pain. When it fell off, it revealed the most adorable belly button ever. I cannot wait to give you full baths, listen to you giggle as we tickle your tummy or blow on your belly. 
Anniston came to your first doctor appointment. She got to listen to your heart and she kept saying
"I give baby sister check up?" Adorable.
Baby Blues
Well, we are right over two weeks and Amelia has had to go get a "check up" three times now. 
Yes, Three doctor's appointments. 
She had her first scheduled doctor appointment when she was only 4 days old. Isn't that soon? The nurse asked if I had any questions and I still felt like I didn't even know this new baby yet. I had a million questions, yet none at the same time. 
Then, a few days later, Amelia's belly button got an infection. I felt like such a failure of a parent, but it never seemed to bother her! Luckily, we got it checked out right away, so it was just an external infection. So we just got some medicated gel and cleared it all out in no time. 
Lastly, she's been having a rough time sleeping at night. I know, this is typical. But her problem isn't staying asleep, she has very irregular breathing. That is terrifying. The doctor either said she has a blocked nasal passage and babies only know how to breathe out of their noses initially, so hopefully as she grows, her breathing will become more regular and in we will both sleep so soundly. 
So hopefully, we are done with the doctor's appointments for awhile! Well, until the dreaded 6 week check up. Shots. Ugh. I hate shots. 

Check Out Anniston's 52:2 by Clicking Here




No comments:

Post a Comment