Saturday, July 21, 2012

52:3 The Way You Sleep

 I want to remember
The Way You Sleep  
I want to remember the different ways that you sleep. Our daily naps are heavenly. I'm pretty sure any mother would agree her favorite thing is to stare at her newborns face. I am no exception to this, but I find myself staring at your face for so many different reasons. It's crazy how much you have changed in a weeks time. I will never have the way you looked those first few days in the hospital back. You are changed forever and I will only have that little look through pictures I have taken or the memories I have stored. I'm very lucky to have experienced those looks and moments at all. I want you to know that our daily snuggle sessions make my heart melt and whenever I look down at you Anniston, I know that I was meant to be a mommy. 


Shhh...She is Sleeping
Literally on her three-week birthday, Anniston slept in her crib through the night! I repeat, she slept through the night and she was in her crib! Trust me, we were as shocked as you are, but she is that fabulous! Around week 2 ½ I started putting her in her crib in between feedings and for some daily naps, just to get her adjusted to both the bassinet and her crib. Then on her three-week birthday, I put her in her crib at 10:40pm and I finally woke her up 6:00am because I was in dire need to feed her! Just awesome. We have had a few nights where she won’t go to sleep until 12:00am, but then she still sleeps well into the morning! More reason to be completely in love with her! I will give all the credit to her swaddle blankets and her daddy’s amazing lullaby skills every night! 
I love the way your body shifts during your naps and nightly sleeps. Whenever you take a nap I catch myself just staring at you and thinking about how perfect you are. You are so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment