Saturday, July 7, 2012

52:1 The Way You Took in the World

I want to remember 
the way you took in the world those first few days
I want to remember the way you took the World in so quickly. Even in the hospital room you seemed so alert. The nurses kept commenting on your eyes and how they were really taking everything in. I love staring at you, while you take in everything for the first time. I wish I knew what you were thinking. I hope we show you a beautiful world. 

We have been overwhelmed with all of the well wishes, family and friends visiting, and the constant support following Anniston's birth! The last few days have been so much more amazing than I ever could have imagined. I still haven't really slept and I still can't believe she is here. And there are moments where I look down at her and think. She is still here. She is still perfect. And she she is ours. Forever. 
It is really a feeling I can't describe to anyone else and it's quite overwhelming. Each day she is changing and I find myself just holding her tighter just to stop her from growing. She makes my heart melt and daddy's extra sweet side come out. I cannot wait to start making memories as a family.

Here are a few (of the hundreds) of photos that grandma, Auntie A, and I have already snapped from this week. She is definitely a heartbreaker and has stole daddy's heart and melted mine.
All set to go home.

Welcome Home Anniston Jean!

She was so exhausted she wanted to test out her crib right away!

She still has to grow into it quite a bit!

Annitston Jean - Day Four

Oh Please Mom, Stop with all the Photos!


Happy Fourth of July from our Little Firecracker!

My Little Firecrackers were all Burned Out!


No comments:

Post a Comment