Saturday, October 20, 2012

52:16 Your First Week of Daycare

I Want to Remember
Your First Week of Daycare
I want to remember your first full week of daycare. You did it! I think you did better than mommy this week. Daddy went with me for the first day of drop off and he just hugged me as I cried in the driveway. I knew you were in wonderful hands, but I just felt like I was letting you down by leaving you for so long. I don't think daycare will ever get easier, but picking you up and seeing your smiling face is my favorite part of everyday. 

Daycare Blues
Okay, so if you're reading this and you're even thinking about getting pregnant, you should probably find a daycare...NOW. Seriously, daycare is really difficult to find! Well, great daycare that is!  Luckily I found a wonderful babysitter - after several interviews and house/center visits. She is even kind enough to take the time to text me and send me pictures of my Annie smiling or just to tell me how her days are going! She totally wins brownie points for that!
 But I will say that I did struggle with finding daycare, so I can't give much advice. Okay, but really, as we looked around, I quickly realized that some people should NOT be watching children! It is quite terrifying actually! But like I said, I definitely had my share of interviews to determine what was best for us, so we saw quite the range of personalities/schedules/houses/centers/payments/beliefs.  
We chose an in home center because there was few children (only 3) and I just felt like I would be able to know exactly who was with my child all day, rather than having different workers cycling in and out throughout the day. We are also able to have Nick drop off and me pick up after work, which really works out for our scheduling.  
In the end, there is nothing easy about daycare, but my advice is just to know your options and don't just settle with daycare, they will end up spending more time with your baby than you at times, so you want someone that you can trust, that works with your schedule, and your personality! And the fact that I found someone that does awesome theme daycare days - like PJ day - means I found the right one. Needless to say, I am in Heaven! 


Pajama Day at Daycare!

Annie with Hudson

Annie with Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment