Saturday, October 13, 2012

52:15 Your First Cold

I Want to Remember
Your First Cold
I want to remember you being so strong through your first real sickness. You had to feel so miserable, yet you never got fussy or irritated. Your little coughs sounded so congested and your nose was so plugged. I would have done anything to make you feel better. Thank you for being so tough for mommy and smiling through the yucky feelings.

Being Sick Sucks
When your baby is sick, you feel absolutely helpless. And that, is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad feeling. I always remember when I grew up my mom saying, "I wish I could just be sick for you" or "I wish it was me in pain instead." Well, I totally understand her statement now. Every time she coughed, sniffled, or sounded raspy my heart just broke! But I will admit that Boogie Wipes (especially the grape ones), Snot Suction Bulbs, and warm mist humidifiers are miracle workers. And I will always have these items on hand for me for future sniffles - because unfortunately, I know this isn't the last of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment