Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Our Nursery!

Oh this nursery makes me so incredibly happy! We already painted and decorated our nursery in our rental, but I didn't have the energy to paint this time around, but we added lots of coordinating color, adorable animals, and amazing artwork to create a bright and happy nursery for Baby R! 
When I look at it, it is everything we ever imagined and more! Our inspiration from the start was a "You are my Sunshine" mosaic Nickolas made me a few years back. He has always called me sunshine and it is just a phrase that we've always used. And now, we will use it for our little sunshine! 
We also created a canvas with the "You are my Sunshine" words on it. Nick painted and I wrote and did the fabric flowers and sun. It is one of my favorite pieces in the room and I love that we were able to create it together! 
We added Valerie's prayer shawl over the rocker. It is so soft and I love the idea of having a little bit of her memory in the room. She also loves the phrase "you are my sunshine," so I think this makes her happy to be close to the baby every day. 
I also took on sewing again and created the baby bumper, diaper stacker and quilt for Baby R! It has been so fun to see all the pieces come together to create the nursery! I hope Baby R feels welcome and comforted by the color! I know I do!
I seriously just sit in there during the day, sit back in that chair and read baby books until I feel sleepy! It is the best stress reliever and feeling to know that in a matter of a few short days I will be holding our baby in that chair and reading him/her all those magical stories. It truly is quite a surreal and euphoric feeling. Here is a sneak peek at the completed nursery! 

Entrance into Baby R's Nursery. Curtains will go up this weekend as long as Baby doesn't come before then!

This is my bookshelf from my old room and it is filled with books from my students this year and friends and family! It has been so fun reading through all of them! Baby R has been read to quite a bit already! Above the bookshelf is the beautiful mosaic that Nickolas made me!

Here is the crib with the fun bumper and mobile! This is the fun canvas that we made to go along with the mosaic!

Other half of the room for the cute clothes, blankets and diaper changing area! This is also the fun diaper stacker that goes along with the bedding and bumper! Love it!








No comments:

Post a Comment