Monday, January 30, 2012

18 Weeks

How far along? 18 Weeks (1/30/12)
Maternity clothes? I got spoiled this weekend and got quite a lot of cute maternity shirts and pants from my mother! I am still wearing my regular shirts, but using a tie to expand the waist of my pants. Very classy, I know!
Sleep: Lots of bathroom breaks throughout the night and I can’t seem to ever find a comfortable position for more than an hour. But I am discovering that naps are glorious!
Best moment this week: We had another appointment last week and got to hear baby’s heartbeat! A strong 150 bpm! I told him that it must be a girl then right?! Dr. Taylor just rolled his eyes at me and said, “Yes Ashley, it is definitely a girl. And it looks like you’re carrying low, so it must be a boy as well!” Well…it doesn’t hurt to believe in some wives’ tales!

Complaint of the Week: I am ALWAYS itchy/dry! I have never been such a lotion latherer in my life (mom and Angie you should be so proud of me)! But seriously, from belly butter, to Bath and Body Works Body Cream, I can never seem to have enough on to make the itching go away. I did get a humidifier this weekend and last night I did sleep fairly well! So hopefully this is just a slight phase in the pregnancy!
Miss Anything? My mother-in-law, Valerie. It was her birthday on Sunday and I know she is just so excited for us up there, but I would have loved to hear her excitement for our baby. To say she loved her grandbabies was an understatement. And I would have loved to go baby shopping with her, planning with her, and calling her to tell stories. But she is still helping out in heaven because she blessed Nickolas and I and my sister-in-law, Rachel and Ganna (due July 22nd) by letting us both get pregnant at the same time! I know this was her way of making sure we are caring for each other!
Movement: Not yet…waiting anxiously for that moment!
Food cravings: Not really anything particular.
Have you started to show yet:  About a week ago was the first time others started commenting! It is so fun to actually be past that awful awkward stage of “is she pregnant or is she eating too many holiday sweets still?”

Gender: We could find out on February 6th. Nick still insists he is going to find out. I insist that I won’t. So we will see how that pans out...
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Incredibly happy! Work rules, planning for the nursery is beyond fun, Nickolas is too sweet to me, my family is so excited and loving and so many of my close friends are expecting! Seriously, life it awesome!
Looking forward to: February 6th appointment!  Can’t wait to see Baby R on a screen again!

1 comment:

  1. You look so beautiful! Can't wait to hear what goes down at the ultrasound! Love you!

    ReplyDelete