Saturday, July 26, 2014

52:10 Matching Babies

I want to Remember
Matching Babies
I want to remember dressing you up together. There is something nostalgic about putting you in the same clothes that your big sister wore just a short time prior. As a little girl I remember dressing up with Auntie Angela in our matching Easter dresses and hats and proudly parading around because I looked like my big sister. I hope that you enjoy matching with your big sister as much as I do. I might enjoy it a bit too much! Anniston always giggles and comments when you're in the same clothes. When she saw you wearing your lil sis shirt she said "Mom Melia has ABCs and I have ABCs." She's so smart and it's scary how much she is taking in already! 
As for now, I will enjoy these simple little things. Because I know you won't be crazy about the idea of matching forever. But for now, it's absolutely adorable. And deep down, I think you both love it as much as I do! 
Living Life with Two Babes
Well...yes. Life is busy. It is beautiful, and tiresome and blessed. But also just busy. I am fortunate that my babies sleep when it's time to sleep at night. But during the day, it really is nonstop movement, energy and activities. 
I look back now, and I remember watching other people stroll around with their double strollers at the malls or parks and thought how overwhelming that seems. Well, now I am THAT mom. I am constantly trying to go to toddler activities during the day - park, library, pools, play dates, story time, gymnastics, etc. - to keep Anniston entertained. Yet at the same time I am always watching the clock to make sure that we don't cross over into Amelia's feeding time, Anniston's nap time, or lunch breaks. And also making sure the car is equipped with all the necessities - diapers, extra outfits, strollers, ergos carriers, my purse and snacks.  Seriously, mom's deserve A LOT of credit! We are constantly planning, organizing and on the go. Since when was I old enough to care for two babies!? Since when did I know how to take care of two babies at the same time? 
But...We are surviving. Thankfully. We are busy. But we are surviving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment