Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th of July

I have always been obsessed with 4th of July. Last year, I remember holding Anniston and looking out my living room window as the fireworks went off at Riverfront Park. I had a grand plan of taking her to the parade, watching the fireworks, celebrating with family. But I kind of didn't realize how much having a baby takes out of you!
So this year, we went all out. We put on our red, white and blue, bought cute decorations, grilled out, went to the parade, ate too much candy, went to a crafts show and watched the fireworks with blankets at Riverfront Park! So I think we made up for our lack of Old-Fashioned Celebrating the previous year!
What a difference a year makes though - feeling exhausted, confused and overwhelmed with a brand new infant to going non-stop all day and watching your little one take in a holiday that you've always adored by yelling "wee" as people passed her in the parade and waving her flag to the music! Too much. Cannot wait until next year's planning!
St. Peter Parade
Madi, Gracie, Anniston and Mykah

Dress from Great Grandma Parr

Waving to the Parade
I loved how many people waved back to her!
Giggles with Daddy!

Fun in the Sun

Say Cheese!
Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment