Sunday, June 30, 2013

52:52 Your First Birthday


I want to remember 
Your First Birthday
I want to remember your first birthday. I cannot believe that you have already been in our lives for 12 months - 365 days - 52 weeks. When I started this project I thought of some of the things I might blog about - your first food, your first Christmas, your first crawl - but I never imagined all the things that would unfold in one single year! I have spent the past few days reading through all 52 entries and it is simply amazing to see how much you have grown and changed! I find myself laughing, crying, smiling and shaking my head in disbelief. To be honest, we just had no idea what we were doing when we had you, but at the same time, it just felt so...right. There were difficult moments, sad moments, and frustrating moments - but those moments dull in comparison to those shining moments. And that is what I wanted Project 52 to be a reminder of. All those shining milestones, moments, and snapshots that occurred throughout your first 52 weeks of life.
Oh, and there were so many.
You never ceased to amaze us with your big personality, your contagious laughter, talkative ways and growing body. You have given your daddy and I so much joy and happiness. I never knew I would have so much love for one little being. But with you, it is so easy. We love you to the moon and back and you will forever be the sunshine in our lives.
Happy 1st Birthday Baby Girl. 

One Year Snapshots








The Beauty of a Child
I don't think I ever truly realized what I looked like until I looked at Anniston. I find myself studying her big facial expressions, her delicate features, and her soft movements. I examine her in a way I've never been able to do with myself before. I've always known what I look like, but since Anniston's arrival, I've noticed traits in myself and Nickolas that I've never seen before. 
It's like I have noticed my chin for the first time and the way my cheeks curve up when I smile that I share with her. I've realized her strong arms and legs must come from her daddy. And that the shape of her eyes are identical to Nick's. I can see my complexion, yet with Nick's olive skin tone. 
Nickolas says she sleeps just like me - tossing, turning and talking in her sleep. And I say that she is a heat box just like him! Since then, I've noticed how I stretch in the mornings the way Anniston stretches. Or does she stretch like me? I now notice my thousand facial expressions that I've always made that I see in her and how she can figure out how something works after one time just like her daddy - it is pretty impressive!
Anniston has led us to finally see that we have a million different features and traits. And as she grows, I know we will continue to see more of ourselves in her - the good, the bad and the hilarious! That really is the beauty of a child. 


Few of your Favorites
Book: Cheerios and Guess Who
Food: Spaghetti
Stuffed Toy:  Love Bear
Toy: Train
Song: Baby Beluga
Animal: Puppy (whispers puppy at all animals)
Activity: Taking out items and putting them back....again and again and again.

Special Moments
Funniest Moment: Watching you fill daddy's mouth with toys. And giggling as they would fall out. 
Proudest Moment: When you started crawling for the first time - we worked on it for so long. Now you are so very close to walking! You love your walker and the stairs!
Scariest Moment: Falling and hurting your new teeth. 
Saddest Moment: Your first ear infection
Hardest Moment: Weaning you off your swaddle. Oh those sleepless nights!
Craziest Moment: Taking you underwater with me and seeing you smile! 
Sweetest Moment: She give hugs. Really good hugs. With back pats and kisses.

You are 12 Months Old!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, Ashley! I'm Heather and I was hoping you could answer my question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete