Saturday, February 9, 2013

52:31 Growing with Grandma

I Want to Remember
Growing with Grandma
I want to remember the month where you got to grow with Grandma. We were so lucky and so blessed to have Grandma stay with us for a whole month to babysit while you transitioned into a new daycare. It was such a blessing to get daily videos of you giggling and photos of you snuggled in Grandma's arms while I was at work. I loved coming right home from work and talking all night about things you did throughout the day. Your Daddy and I felt such an ease knowing you were growing with Grandma during this time. I hope you know how much your Grandma loves you Anniston Jean! 


Click to play this Smilebox greeting
For Grandma,  Whose heart is filled with pure kindness, love, and generosity. We are so thankful to have you as a mother, a grandmother and friend. Thank you for being you!





Family Far Away Blues
Having your own family, and not having family members nearby sucks. Saying goodbye to my Mother being here and helping us so much was such a hard thing for me to grasp. I know, many people probably read this and think, "Oh my gosh I could have never lived with my mother for a month!" But in reality, it was such a comforting feeling having her close by and knowing Anniston was in such safe hands. Not to mention, my mom definitely got the short end of the stick - driving back and forth on the weekends, literally sleeping in our living room because the basement was getting done, and she did all of our household chores despite me telling her not too!
After this month, I truly hope that those that have family close by appreciate how lucky they are. I wish all our family member were just a quick trip away, but I guess distance makes the heart grow fonder and we can definitely say we are so grateful whenever we get to spend time with any of our family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment