Saturday, November 10, 2012

52:19 Grabbing Your Toes

I Want to Remember
Grabbing Your Toes
I want to remember how much you giggled the first time you grabbed your toes. You were so proud of yourself and in aww of what was in your hands. You've tried so hard to put those little toes in your mouth, but you aren't quite there yet. Thanks for being mommy's little helper while changing you this week by holding up those strong legs of yours. I guess it's time to start singing a new nursery rhyme!

To Swaddle or Not to Swaddle
 I am currently struggling with this whole swaddle situation! I am in LOVE with our Halo Sleep Sacks - I tell everyone and anyone that it is THE key to getting your baby to sleep through the night! And so far, it's now worked for 4 of my good friends and their little newbies! BUT, according to some books and some sites I am supposed to stop swaddling Anniston at 4 months. Some reasons being potential to start rolling over, for additional movement when she sleeps, because she has been out of the womb long enough that she no longer needs that comfort, and because my mother calls it the straight jacket!
Well, unfortunately for me, Annie does NOT sleep at all through the night when she isn't swaddled! She literally wakes up about every two hours! And not just stirs. I am talking eyes open, arms flailing, legs kicking and ready to move. But with it, she sleeps 10+ hours! Our doctor said we will know when shes ready to stop being swaddled, because she will start fighting it when we put her in it. Well, she doesn't at all. It is quite the opposite! But regardless, I know the dreaded day/week/month of transitioning needs to come soon. So I just need advice in the transition part of stopping the sweet swaddling and moving her into freedom.
My baby girl all swaddled up with her papa for the night!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment