Thursday, June 26, 2014

52:6 Your First Smiles

I Want to Remember 

Seeing Your First Smiles
There is nothing like seeing your little one smile for the first time. Really smile. You woke up in the morning and started stretching out on your changing pad. And then you smiled. But this time you really smiled. And you’ve been doing it more and more ever since. You like when we get close to your face and talk to you or sing you songs. You have such a sweet smile and you even coo along with it most times. I can’t wait to see that gummy smile fill up with little teeth, soft giggles and sweet words.

Nothing to Smile About
Amelia got her 6 week shots this week and they were nothing to smile about. My doctor told me that I didn’t give consent to Amelia’s shots at the hospital, so she didn’t receive any of her shots. This was very frustrating, since I would’ve MUCH rather her gotten her shots at the hospital where she is so unaware of what is going on! Therefore, poor little girl had to get 4 shots at her appointment. I hate shots. I’ve always hated shots. But I detest them much more when I know that they are being given to my children. She squawked for about 7 minutes before finally breathing. The whole thing was miserable and I know that in the long run, shots will pay off, but in the moment. They are really sucky.

On a better note, Miss Amelia is doing very well! 

6 Week Check-Up
Height: 22.25 inches (68%)
Weight: 11 lbs 3 oz (78%)
Head Circumference: 15.3 inches (75%)

Check out Anniston's 52:6 by Clicking Here
I blogged about Anniston's 1st Smiles this week too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment