Friday, April 18, 2014

38 Weeks


How Far Along:
38 Weeks Along (04/17/2014)
Cravings:
Parfaits and smoothies. Basically fruity deliciousness of any kind is my kind of treat! 
How Am I Feeling:
At ease. It's a very strange feeling. Part of me, well, a lot of me, just wants this baby to come already! It's heavy, it's constant pressure, I'm swelling up and I'm totally ready to stop peeing ALL. THE. TIME!
 Yet, at the same time, I want this next week and half to spoil Anniston, watch movies, run errands, and spoil Anniston some more! I am having a very difficult time knowing that we will only be a family of 3 for a short time more. Of course I am excited for baby, but it's overwhelming to think that I won't be able give all my extra attention and time to Anniston. I just don't  want her to feel less special or loved when baby comes.
Oh, my mommy hormones are on high alert!  
Sleep:
Anniston has been sleeping a lot better again, so that has given me a little bit more shut eye. But between the shifting of pillows, bathroom breaks and baby monitor checks, sleep is still pretty limited. But still probably better than what it is going to be in 2 weeks!
Miss Anything: 
Well I just can't wait to get outside and be active again. The weather is SLOWLY starting to feel like spring again! So it is exciting to see people out, the ground and knowing that it can only go up from here! Well....hopefully! 
Most Exciting Moment This Week:
Anniston's room is complete, the new nursery is complete and my hospital bags are ALMOST completely packed. So really, the baby can come ANY day now! We. Are. Ready.
Maybe...
Complaint of the Week:  
Heartburn is full force right now. I take Zantac 150 every morning and Tums throughout the day. Yet, that doesn't seem to be helping anymore! This is either going to be one hairy baby or I really might throw this baby right up! At least it feels that way sometimes...
Looking Forward To:  
Baby's D Day! We have a boy and girl name picked out. We have been pretty set on them since the beginning. We picked two new names this time around, but I have said them both several times and I feel good about them!
I just can't wait to feel what labor is like this time, or what this baby looks like, or how I feel afterwards. Just an exciting time with so many questions!
About Baby R:
Well I can definitely tell this baby is growing! It is about 6.9 pounds and at least 19.5 inches long! It has a firm grasp now so it can grab onto my fingers when it arrives!  Baby's organs are fully matured and ready for the World!

Here is me at 38 weeks with Anniston!

No comments:

Post a Comment