Sunday, February 23, 2014

30 Weeks


How Far Along:
30 Weeks Along (02/20/2014). Happy Birthday to Me!
Cravings:
Smoothies. I LOVE smoothies all of a sudden. Which is strange considering it is freezing outside! 
How Am I Feeling:
The heartburn is under control, but the itching is not! What's that about anyways? I remember having the same problem with Anniston. Like my legs - especially my calves - cannot get attacked enough. I literally look forward to the daily loofah scrub in my shower and body butter - lots and lots of body butter.  
Belly Button: 
Well, my belly button popped out! It is very strange to me. And weird to see it when I put on tighter fitting shirts! Once again, not quite sure why belly buttons are so fascinating to me during pregnancy. But they are. 
Sleep:
Great! I have been sleeping fairly well this pregnancy! Still waking up for frequent bathroom breaks,  but I have gotten a lot better about just going the second I wake up, rather than lying there contemplating how badly I REALLY need to go. Waiting six more minutes and then actually going.
Miss Anything: 
  My Baileys and Hot Chocolate. I am craving one - or two - or three - of those too. Very badly. But next winter they will be there waiting for me! 
Movement:
Boy does this baby move! And it's not just a kick here and there. It's my entire stomach doing the wave for me. ALL the time. It's very surreal and strange feeling. Yet, I don't ever want it to stop! That was the thing I missed the most once I had Anniston. It's a feeling you can only get from pregnancy. Or going down a really steep roller coaster. 
Most Exciting Moment This Week:
It was my birthday on Thursday! It was an amazing day! I woke up to yummy blueberry pancakes, an Aveda gift card, a massage appointment, an early dismissal from schooland snuggle time with Anniston and Nickolas all afternoon! It was a perfect day and to top it off, school was cancelled on  Friday too! So I am soaking up my EXTRA long weekend! Happy Birthday to Me!
Looking Forward To:  
It is Angela's baby d-day week!! So literally ANY day this next week she could have this baby! The anticipation is killing me! I cannot wait to see the baby, hold the baby, hear it's name and it's little cry! Babies are just the sweetest :) Our bags are packed for SF and we are ready to go anytime!
About Baby R:
It's about 16 inches long and weighs right over 3 pounds! It's getting so big! It's brain developing at a rapid pace now and starting to form grooves and wrinkles. It can even regulate it's own body temperature now.  Because of this, the baby is starting to shed some of it's lanugo this week - which is the downy body hair that covers a lot of infants. Anniston still had some on her shoulder and ears when she was born, so it'll be interesting to see how much hair baby #2 has!

Here is me at 30 weeks with Anniston! 

No comments:

Post a Comment