Saturday, August 4, 2012

52:5 Giving You Your First Bath

 I want to Remember
Giving You Your First "Real" Bath

I remember your first bath in the hospital. I didn't even give you this bath and I just felt like grabbing you from that nurses arms and holding you close to me. I knew it was something I had to do, but knowing you hated it, made me hate it.
Sponge Baths are Incredibly Stressful.  
Oh my, no one prepared me for how awful sponge baths are! They were filled with tears, goosebumps, and shivers from both Mom and Anniston! We had to give sponge baths at the beginning because her umbilical cord was still attached, but Anniston was NOT a fan. The first time Nick and I got ready to give her one I had the camera ready to capture the moment. As soon as the water touched her she was not impressed. It was the first time I saw her cry tears, real tears. So then I cried tears, real tears. Luckily, dad was there to jump in and rescue both of us. 

Baths in her Bath Tub are Incredibly Sweet. 
I must emphasize, the “in her bath tub” statement! Needless to say, after exactly one week she lost part of her umbilical cord (which was a story within itself) and then by 2 weeks and 2 days she lost all of it. So, now that her belly button is cord free we are onto her little bath tub, and she loves the warm water and her eyes just light up whenever I set her in it. It is one of my favorite things to do with her now! Here’s to happy suds and soap! 
Bath time has turned into my favorite part of the day. You love the water! Watching you kick and splash in the water is bliss. We've even taken a few baths together and daddy just sits with us and watches us play in the tub. You like to push off of me and feel the water run over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment