Friday, August 15, 2014

52:13 Sleeping Without a Swaddle

I Want to Remember
Sleeping Without a Swaddle

I want to remember having you sleep without being swaddled. I am certain that this week was more an accomplishment for me, than it was you! See, I have this love/hate relationships with swaddle sacks. They work well. Way too well. They had both my babies sleeping through the night by 3 weeks. But, they are a hard habit to break down the road. And any mother that has done that transition knows what I am talking about. But lately, you've been seeming to fight the swaddle in the middle of the night. I would hear you rustling in your crib and look at you to see that you managed to have your little fist escape from the swaddle sack. So I thought I would see how you did without that little restraint. And, to my happy surprise, you slept just as well! I will admit, I had you sleeping in a swaddle transition called a Zippadee-Zip, so your hands still can't scratch your face. So technically, you're not fully free. But you seem very peaceful and content with your arms up at night.  Thank you Millie Grace. Thank you for being my carefree, easy-going girl. 


No Sleep for this Momma
So, like I stated before, Millie is sleeping through the night. Me on the other hand, not so much! My days are so busy, that I really never have time to sit down and just...think. Therefore, when I get in bed at night. I just lay there and think of EVERYTHING. 
I think about how I have to go back to work soon. 
I think about meals I need to make for the week. 
I think about when I should work out. 
I think about how I am never working out.
I think about my future students.  
I think about Anniston going to school. 
I think about how messy my house is.
I think about when I should clean the house. 
I think about projects I want to make. 
I think about triple checking to make sure the doors are locked. 
I think about transitioning Anniston to her big girl bed. 
I think about waking up to pump so I have more milk. 
I think about crap. 
Lots and lots of unnecessary crap. 
It's not normal.
Or maybe it is.  
Maybe this is part of being a mom. Worrying, thinking, planning and organizing all of the time. 
So much for beauty sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment