Monday, April 9, 2012

28 Weeks - 7 Months!

How Far Along: 28 Weeks (4/9/2012)
Sleep: The last few nights I haven't had my snoodle and I have felt that pain! I guess I rely heavily on that C-shaped pillow of softness!
Best Moment of this Week: Seeing all our family! We drove all over the midwest to see our family and it was amazing! We started on Thursday night by heading north to see the Meyers and Scott and Grace for dinner at the Pizza Ranch. Then Friday morning we headed south and went to Spencer, IA to see Valerie's parents (Jim and Harriet Johansen), we also saw Valerie's headstone in Sutherland, IA. Then we headed to Paulina, IA to see Rick's parents (Wes and Mavis Rehder). After that we headed to Carroll, IA to stay with Auntie Rachel and Stephanie for the weekend. Scott and Gracie headed down to spend the weekend there! Then on Easter Sunday we headed over to Lennox to see my mother's side of the family. Needless to say there was a lot of belly rubs, food, driving, and excitement. I am sure I will be taking naps all week to recover! 
Symptoms: Sore ribs and tight back. But it is all part of the daily occurrences! I am feeling good, just always feeling like a chiropractor would be handy!
Movement: More and more every day!
Belly Button: Not sure what to call it right now!
About Baby R: The baby's eyes are partially open now and it can blink!
Looking Forward to: We take our first Newborn Preparation class on Monday night! We signed up for a few of the classes at the hospital. I think Nick is most excited for the breastfeeding class! :) What a trooper!
About the Pictures: My sister Angela rules! When I asked her paint a bunny or an egg on my belly she didn't even hesitate or question it. She just grabbed some paint, brushes and went to work! It was amazing! And the pictures rule! It was definitely one of my favorite moments of being pregnant!

  
Valerie's headstone in Sutherland, IA. I Love You to the Moon and Back!




Stopping on one of the MANY winding roads through Iowa. They made a sign for me! How kind! 
Easter Day Celebration!

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures and it's a beautiful headstone! Glad you could make the marathon trip to see all the family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Beth! It turned out wonderful! We were really happy we got to see it right after it was put in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny you know Scott & Sara and the girls. Well, not so funny, I guess, since that's how it is in small towns, but Dustin is good friends with them as he and Scott used to coach football together in Hurley! Also....your blog is about the cutest thing since...you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that belly! Thanks for posting the pic of the headstone, it really turned out great! I miss you guys so much, I was a mess on Easter! I'm so happy that all is well though! I love all three of you...to the moon & back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley you are about the cutest thing!! Love to read up on your adventure in pregnancy. Thanks also for posting the picture of the headstone it does look nice. Hope you all are doing well and hopefully we can all get together after all the births in this blessed family. Love to you and Nickolas and little Baby R.
    Uncle Jamie and Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I ask where you had the stone made? My mom passed last week and I love you to the moon and back bas always been our thing.

    ReplyDelete