Saturday, October 9, 2010

Gobble, Gobble

This was the weekend I shot my first turkey. One of my favorite things in the whole world is to be outside. Hiking, camping, snowboarding you name it. So you can imagine how giddy I become when Ashley's father asks me to go with him on his hunting trips. As you can see from the picture these are not your run of the mill hunting trips. No sir, where he takes me there is no sitting in a tree stand freezing your toes off hoping for the big one to come strutting by. Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed my considerable amount of time spent in ground blinds, cat tails and tree stands. I guess I am just more partial to going after my game. Its like your on a mission that is going to require every skill that you possess. The goal find, track and harvest that trophy that is bigger than all of the rest. We spent three days hunting along the banks of the Missouri river. Every time I think back on this trip all I can do is smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment